This avocado banana breakfast smoothie is a simple yet super delicious recipe to get the little one’s day started with a boost of nutrition!
This is one of our favorite recipes with avocado, the banana adds a nice creamy texture to it and if ripe enough you don’t need to add anything additional so it can be offered to babies 6+ months!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you shop with one of our links we may earn small a commission.
Table of Contents
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO SERVE SMOOTHIES TO BABIES AND KIDS?
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE BEST AVOCADO BANANA SMOOTHIE
To make this smoothie for babies and kids you’ll need:
- Almond milk
- Ice (if the banana and avocado or the avocado are not frozen)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Start on low and turn speed up gradually, blend on high for about 30 seconds until smooth.
TIPS FOR MAKING AVOCADO BANANA BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
If using dairy-free milk, make sure that you choose one that is unsweetened on the label. There are some good options to choose from.
If using the banana and avocado at ambient temperature you may want to add a few ice cubes to this smoothie, but it is totally optional.
Avocado Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 banana ripe
- 1/2 avocado frozen (or add some ice cubes)
- 2 tbsp old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or regular milk
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Nutrition facts are calculated for each serving.
- If the banana and avocado are at ambient temperature you may want to add a few ice cubes to the smoothie before blending. If the banana or the avocado is frozen then it is not necessary.
- Suitable from 12+ months.