These healthier Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins are super soft and moist! I wanted to make a healthier version of a chocolate chip muffin for my 2.5-year-old son that would be a treat and yet healthier than most recipes you find on the internet. It was a success, he loved it and so did I!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you shop with one of our links we may earn small a commission.
Table of Contents
REASONS TO LOVE THESE HEALTHIER CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- Uses whole grain oat flour which has a higher nutritional value than regular wheat flour.
- Low in sugar, yet a perfect treat for when your little one asks for a chocolate chip muffin. Remember that sugar should only be added in small amounts and for children older than 2 years old. For more information on this topic, make sure to read my article “Why Avoid Sugar Before Age 2”.
Served in our Cute Elephant Bamboo Plate from EcoRascals.
INGREDIENTS to Make Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins
Here is a list of what you need to make this recipe:
- Vanilla extract
- Avocado oil
- Oat flour
- Salt – omit for babies younger than 12 months old
- Coconut sugar – omit for babies younger than 2 years old.
- Chocolate chips (70%) – omit for babies younger than 2 years old.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
PROCESS AND COOKING TIPS
- Whisk together the banana, milk, vanilla extract, oil.
- In a separate bowl combine all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour wet into dry and stir until batter is well mixed.
- Blend in the chocolate chips if desired (save some to decorate).
- Pour into a greased muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes at 356F (180C) or until toothpick comes out clean!
- Allow to cool before removing from muffin tin.
Refrigerate the muffins for 1-2 days or you can freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Eggless Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup banana mashed
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt omit for babies younger than 12 months old
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground / powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar omit for babies younger than 2 years old
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips omit for babies younger than 2 years old
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Mix all the ingredients with a whisk (leave flour, baking soda and powder for last!)
- Blend in the chocolate chips (save some to decorate if desired)
- Pre-heat oven at 356F (180F) and grease a muffin tin.
- Pour batter into 8 muffins and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!
- These are the nutrition facts for 1 serving of your recipe.
- These muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months. After baking, let them cool, store in a ziploc bag and freeze for a quick snack. To defrost simply warm them up in the microwave for 30s and then increments of 15s until completely defrosted.