This Chocolate Pudding (with avocado) is a healthy dessert to share with the kids. Made with only 5 ingredients, this silky and rich pudding (or mousse) will take you by surprise…it is so good, and you can’t taste the Avocado!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you shop with one of our links we may earn small a commission.
Table of Contents
Healthy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
This recipe is a great way to add more healthy fats to your kid’s diet…plus, avocados are a great nutrient-dense food choice! Looking for more chocolate-y recipes? Check out these Crispy Rice Chocolate Bars, Oat Flour Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.
- Avocado: Use a small ripe avocado for the best results.
- Cacao powder: Unsweetened.
- Maple syrup: To add sweetness to this recipe.
- Peanut butter: My secret ingredient! Most avocado pudding recipes use yogurt in the composition, and I’ve tried most of them and didn’t like the result. Adding peanut butter will take this pudding to the next level both in taste, creaminess and will add extra protein!
- Vanilla extract: Added for flavor (optional).
Step by Step Instructions
Tips for Making the Best Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Serve small portions as this recipe is very rich and adjust sweetness as needed. For example: If serving on top of sliced bananas you may not need as much syrup.
- Use a ripe avocado that is soft and green on the inside. If using overripe avocado, it may taste bitter.
Transfer the avocado pudding to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Serving Suggestions and Substitutions
You can serve this chocolate avocado pudding topped with fruit, with cereal or even turn these into popsicles!
Frequently Asked Questions
I have never tried this recipe with frozen avocado…if you try it, please let me know in the comments if it worked!
Chocolate Pudding (with avocado)
- 1 Food processor or blender
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes, portion and serve!